The Big Lebowski (1998) is a feature film by Joel and Ethan Cohen.
Beats include approximate starting times in H:MM format.
Act I: Enter the unknown.
- 1 OPEN FRAME
- 0:00 The Stranger says the story takes place near Los Angeles.
- 0:01 Dude writes a check dated Sep 11, 1991.
- 0:01 Dude buys half-and-half alone at Ralph's.
- 5 SET PINS
- 0:04 Goons soil Dude's rug and realize he is the wrong Lebowski.
- 10 RELEASE HERO
- 0:09 Walter tells Dude to demand reparations from Mr. Lebowski.
- 0:10 Dude leaves the bowling alley and visits Mr. Lebowski.
- 12 LET IT SLIDE
- 0:11 Dude touches one of Mr. Lebowski's awards.
- 0:11 Brandt says "Don't touch that." Dude touches it again.
- 0:14 Bunny asks Dude to blow on her toes. Dude sees Uli passed out in a pool. Bunny offers to fellate Dude for $1,000. Dude is unfazed.
- 0:12 In his office, Mr. Lebowski tells Dude to get a job.
- 25 ROLL ON RUG
- 0:24 Mr. Lebowski shows Dude a ransom note for Bunny. Dude agrees to act as courier by delivering the ransom.
- 0:26 Dude shows Walter and Donny the beeper Brandt gave him. Dude clips the beeper to his shirt.
- 0:29 Dude rolls on
hisrug listening to a bowling tape. Maude and 2 goons enter, interrupt Dude's daydream, and punch him.
Act II: Return to the known.
- 30 FALL INTO PIT
- 0:31 Dude and Walter drive to a deserted area near Simi Valley.
- 0:36-0:39 Dude's car is damaged, then stolen.
- 40 LOOK UNDER HOOD
- 0:40-0:47 Maude invites Dude to her studio. She tells Dude who kidnapped Bunny and why. She offers Dude 10% of any money he can recover. She advises Dude to visit a doctor at her expense.
- 50 GAZE INTO VOID
- 0:52 Mr. Lebowski and Brandt show Dude a dismembered toe.
- 55 LIFT AND DROP
- 0:54 Dude gets high and learns that his car has been recovered.
- 0:54-0:56 Nihilists transform Dude's bath into a marmot Charybdis and threaten to cut off his Johnson. Dude's car smells of urine. The ransom briefcase was not recovered with the car.
- 60 ENTER TUNNEL
- 0:59-1:08 The Stranger talks to Dude about life. Dude meets Knox Harrington, the video artist. Dude learns about Autobahn, Uli's band. Dude watches his landlord's dance performance. Dude learns that Arthur Digby Sellers wrote many episodes of Branded.
- 1:08-1:15 Dude and Walter unsuccessfully interrogate Larry Sellers. Dude's car endures more damage. Dude, Donny, and Walter eat in the car without the benefit of a windshield. On his hands and knees, Dude attempts carpentry.
- 75 TALK TO SOURCE
- 1:14 Dude meets Jackie Treehorn, whose goons soiled Dude's rug.
- 85 ARREST HERO
- 1:24 Dude is arrested and battered by Malibu's police chief.
- 1:26 Dude fails to notice Bunny drive past him.
Act III: Finish the job.
- 90 ENLIGHTEN HERO
- 1:29-1:37 Dude
solvesthe case after Maude explains it to him again. Dude calls Walter and convinces him to confront Mr. Lebowski.
- 100 ROLL AGAIN
- 1:40 Nihilists confront Dude, Donny, and Walter.
- 110 RETURN AGAIN
- 1:46 Walter accidentally scatters Donny's ashes into Dude's face. Walter apologizes and hugs Dude. Dude forgives Walter.
- 1:48 Dude and Walter bowl without Donny.
- 120 UPDATE SCORE
- 1:50 Dude drinks a beer with The Stranger.